Friday, December 18, 2009

How Many Rabbits?

The math teacher asks Johnny a question, "Johnny, if I gave you two rabbits and then two more rabbits and then two more rabbits, how many would you have?"

Johnny replied, "Seven rabbits, Teacher."

The teacher asked again, "Listen Johnny, If I gave you two rabbits, plus two more rabbits, plus two more rabbits... How many rabbits would you have altogether?"

Johnny smiled, "That's easy, Teacher, I would have seven."

"Ok Johnny," the teacher said. "Let's try it a different way. If I gave you two candy bars, plus two more candy bars, plus two more candy bars, how many candy bars would you have?"

"Six candy bars," Johnny says.

"OK," said the teacher. "Now think of that with this question. "If I gave you two rabbits, then two more rabbits, then two more rabbits how many would you have?"

"Seven, Teacher." Johnny said.

How can you have seven?" the teacher asked, finally exasperated.

"Because I already have one rabbit at home!"

No comments: